The information on this page was produced at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. The documents remain as an information resource which will be periodically updated in response to any further published national guidance.
For further information on the documents, please contact the relevant Medicines Optimisation Team (BCCG, LCCG, MKCCG). For any patient specific queries, please contact the relevant Specialist Team. (Contact details for the Medicine Optimisation Teams/Specialist Teams are included within the bulletins)
COVID-19 Medicines Optimisation Advice Bulletins
The medicines optimisation commissioning teams across BLMK ICS have consulted with the local Trusts to produce the bulletins listed below. The advice is based on the national guidance available at the time of publication. The bulletins will be regularly reviewed and updated, subject to national and local guidance updates on COVID-19.
- Bulletin 1 v2.1: Prescriptions Guidance for Primary Care Teams in General Practices and Community Pharmacies
- Bulletin 2 (v2) : CCG Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care Advice Bulletin: Drug Therapies used in Rheumatologic Conditions
- Bulletin 3 (v2): Immunosuppressive medications used in dermatological conditions
- Bulletin 4 (v4): BLMK CCG Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care advice - COPD (Updated 17th April)
- Bulletin 5 (v4): BLMK CCG Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care advice - Severe Asthma (Updated 17th April)
- Bulletin 6 (v3): BLMK CCG Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care advice - IBD (Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis) (Updated 28th April)
- Bulletin 7: BLMK CCG Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care Advice - Commissioning Statement :- Prescribing and Monitoring of Patients requiring treatment with Specialist Medicines (NHS England Commissioned)
- Bulletin 8 (v2): BLMK CCG Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care advice - Immunosuppressive medication used in Chronic Renal Disease (Updated 17th April)
- Bulletin 9 : BLMK Medicines Optimisation COVID-19 Primary Care Bulletin : End of Life Care Medicines Prescribing Guidance
- Bulletin 10: BLMK Position Statement – Respiratory Diagnostic Work up
- BLMK Mental Health Trusts and East London NHS Foundation Trust (ELFT) guidance
- BLMK Mental Health Trusts : COVID-19 Primary Care Advice on Lithium (Updated May 2020)
- BLMK Mental Health Trusts : COVID-19 Primary Care Advice on Depot or Long-Acting Antipsychotic Medication
COVID-19: Further Medicine Related Information (Miscellaneous)
- CMO Guidance on Ibuprofen and coronavirus (COVID-19)
- MHRA Advice - Valproate Pregnancy Prevention Programme: temporary advice for management during coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Regional Drug Therapeutics Centre (Newcastle): COVID-19 - Questions, Answers and Actions. What are the alternative treatment options for patients who normally receive hydroxocobalamin B12 injection during the COVID-19 pandemic (updated 29th April 2020)
- The Society for Endocrinology guidance on steroid doses management in COVID-19 patients
BLMK CCG Commissioning Guideline
BLMKCCG Clinical Guidance
- Click here to access BLMKCCG Guidelines
Please note NICE have issued a change of antibiotic treatment for Suspected / Confirmd pneumonia during COVID-19 pandemic - click here
BLMKCCG Shared Care Guidelines (with COVID-19 updated sections)
The Rheumatology and Inflammatory Bowel Disease shared care guidelines have been modified to reflect a change in blood test monitoring frequency during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Click here for resources.
Care Homes - COVID-19 - Re-use of Medicines
Care Home Resources to support Prescribers and Pharmacy Teams:
- Specialist Pharmacy Service (SPS) Care Home Resource Hub
- RPS COVID-19 Care Homes Training Resource
- Knowledge and Capability Guide: COVID-19 Critical Care Training Resource (13 May 2020)
- NHS Scotland Polypharmacy Guidance - Medicines Review
- NHS Scotland Polypharmacy Guidance - Realistic Prescribing, 3rd Edition 2018
End of Life Care
The list has been updated
East of England EOL stockist website click link below. Enter your postcode to get a map of the stockist pharmacies that are currently open near you (highlighted by green flag)
End of Life Care Medicines Services information for BLMKCCG is here.